Flight of Ideas #1

Don't get me wrong. I tried distracting myself with the things I would normally do. Or by the things that I know would harm me but I was stubborn enough to listen. 

As I walk in the middle of the night, through the empty streets of the summer city, my shadow was casted upon the concrete road. And the image of a feeble man was drawn opposite of the yellow street light.

I ignored the conjured portrait in front of me and walked towards the cliff facing the dark city. I sat on my favorite spot facing the audible silence coming from this side of the town.

The lights twinkle like the stars that fell from the sky. The night breeze blows pass through my face and kissed my lips. I tried to breath as much air as I can to expand this stupid lungs. 

A part of me curses for having such. But a little of me feels blessed that I only had such. Thinking that it could've been a mass or a tumor or disease, it calms me a little. 

"I'll go back. I promise.", I whispered in the darkness of the ambiance leftby the  crescent moon above. I'll go back to what I used to do. To what makes me happy. To what calms the turmoil within. And even do what I've been wanting to do but never had the courage to do such. 

Then I started missing people. Those who seemed to forget. And those who never remembered. Those who was left behind and those who've chosen to move on. I missed them. The experiences. The life lessons. The hellos and goodbyes. They'll gonna miss me too. One day.

And I thought about you. What were you doing. What could be on your mind right now. Are you distracted or preoccupied? For you seem to be busy when I told you that I'll stay at the ledge just in case you wanna hang out with me. I didn't know if you heard me or were you paying enough attention to notice me.

Anyway. It's not bothering me. It used to. But I think I learned to relax myself a little. Jive with the flow of things like the branches of these almost dead trees swaying with wind. 

I'll be just here whenever you need me there on the other side.

Labels: , , , ,