Fault

I decided to watch The Fault In Our Stars on its first day. Since it was unplanned and was decided on the last minute after I had my workout, the seat I bought (and the only best choice I had) was along the isle and beside two barely teen girls who'd been squirming and making that irritating "kilig" sound everytime the two characters had their moments.

They musn't have seen Divergent for them to react in such way and I'm ecstatic to savour their precious reactions once their hearts are broken upon seeing the roles those two will have on Insurgent and Allegiant. 

Going back, the cinema was almost full as expected because the movie houses alotted only one cinema for the screening thanks to Cruise and Jolie's films; and which is fine for me for it means only few people, other than those who've read the book, would see the film out of curiosity and learn the fuss about fault. 

I assume that above 90% of the people at the cinema have read the book and knew that <SPOILER ALERT>"that" person will die in the end. We were just a little masochist to see it in film after reading death word by word. And the sadist inside us was satisfied to see tears and feel the pain of being the one left behind.

In all fairness to the actors at the movie, they've given their roles some justice. Though I am not a fan of Hazel's husky voice, she is still an eye candy for me as she rocks that short hair cut (which btw is my measurement of beauty). Her mom's acting on the other hand was indeed commendable. She never failed to make me tear a little. Waters was surprisingly pleasurable to the eye. For he looked like a college jock minus a leg rather than a thin, trying-to-be-cool unattractive guy I've had in my mind based on the book.

The plot was better than what I had on mind. The sequencing and their usage of the book's memorable lines was crisp and well tailored. Soundtrack was appetizing to my ears. The movie adaptation suited what I had in my mind when I was reading the book itself. 

The book represented how selfless, hopeful, positive, and different love can be. The sacrifices we make; the choices we do; and how we change our own perspective to compromise with the ones we love. That regardless of the limits presented even by death itself, a love when deeply rooted from similarities and differences; of conflicts and mutual undersandings; of selflessness and self-gratification; will never be worn out easily or even fade out.

Labels: , , , , ,